10.02.2008

For Everything There is a Season ~ Ecc 3:1-11

I had read that the Internet can be somewhat like a 'black hole' in which to just get lost. With this blogging and Facebook and 4marks social networks, I think I can relate to that thought! How incredible is the Lord's timing in His messages to all of us.

Yesterday, the 25th of September, 08, we read the Gospel reading from Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11 . . . Time is PRECIOUS, fleeting, elusive, a GIFT from God! As I read from the "In Conversation with God" for Friday in the 25th Week in Ordinary Time:



  • How faithful am I to the duties in my life?
  • How miserly am I in the use of my time?
  • Do I use my time well by working with love and intensity?
  • Do I waste my time doing whatever I want instead of what God wants?
  • Do I live in the present moment that God has given me?
  • Do I put some order into my day with a schedule/plan that I stick to as best as I can?
  • Do I overcome sloth and laziness so that I can help others, my family, my community, my students, my neighbors? Do I raise them up to a better mode of existence?
  • Do I do what I should be doing?
  • Do I give complete attention to what I am doing as if I were to offer it as a 'last thing' to Him.
  • Am I using the present moment to enrich my spiritual life (faith, hope, and charity)?
  • Am I using the present moment to progress in the human virtues (industriousness, order, optimism, affability, spirit of service)?


WE SHOULD WORK HERE ON EARTH AS IF WE HAD A LONG LIFE AHEAD OF US. AT THE SAME TIME WE SHOULD WORK AS IF WE ARE GOING TO DIE THIS VERY DAY (p. 98 In Conversaton With God, Friday, 25th Week in Ordinary Time).


With that said, my friends, I need to get back to the day's laundry and cleaning.


Blessings in Christ our Lord Jesus!

~ Bella


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


I have just posted my morning thoughts on Chapter Two, Article 1, Section II. God's Revelation. It is important to me to understand my faith better as I continue my efforts to prepare for the evangelization that we are ALL called to as Catholics. It is a beautiful journey in Faith and I hope you join me!Blessings to you on this absolutely breathtaking autumn day in October.

.So for now, from the Carolinas, I'll stop in later to chat. But now it is time to do some housecleaning (oooooh, changing the kitty litter is at the top of the list so that I don't procrastinate this chore)! After the cleaning (first things first), I'm going outside into the garden.

Ciao for now,

~ Bella

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments: