1.05.2009

The Devil is WORKING HARDER to Destroy My Joy - Prayers for Help and Protection

Hello to my dear friends in Christ,

Although it is only the 5th of January, 2009, I have to admit that the Evil One is starting off with a bang in its fight for my soul as I continue on my Catholic spiritual journey of loving Jesus more each day. So many negative things have happened in the last week between Christmas Day and today, that I am simply overwhelmed with tremendous sadness. But isn't that what Satan wants? By blogging today, I hope to get some thoughts out of my human chest and off of my human mind.

First, we are having difficulties with our two youngest children . . . what these difficulties are, I don't think is wise for me to share publicly in the blogosphere, but it is causing extreme pain and even worse, this is what our children want to inflict on us. Satan is winning over their souls at this time. Yet, they have free will to turn away from their behavior and act as our Lord taught us or to continue in their negative path. I will continue to pray for them and offer my suffering up.

Secondly, after our lovely, restful time in Florida for our break from teaching, we returned home to a water-flooded house. The floor and ground-level cabinets are destroyed. Thankfully, we know that these are just material things that can be fixed and/or replaced (with no extra money to do so). They're just going to have to go on the "waiting to do" list! But it still hurts to see what damage the evil one can bring upon you to destroy your Joy. He still does not have mine!

And thirdly, just when I thought that not all was lost, we found our food freezer door open and all of our food was spoiled during our absence. My husband and I prepare much of our food in large batches in order to freeze into smaller portions. What a waste of God's prescious resources that Satan is laughing at us for. Thankfully, we realize that our true nourishment is from our Father and His Son, through the power of the Holy Spirit. Once again, Satan has lost.

Negative things just seem to be piling on higher and higher lately. Interestinly, I have been doing a lot of listening to Catholic podcasts regarding 'redemptive suffering', and it sure seems that I may be going through some of this at this time. Since good is certainly the outcome of redemptive suffering, then my soul is truly the winner here in this Spiritual Warfare now taking place.

One sure method of strong defense at this time is to turn to the Blessed Mother for comfort. With that said, I will leave you with a beautiful Catholic Marion prayer to Our Lady, that I encourage you to read as well in your own times of trouble:

The Memorare

Remember O Most Gracious Virgin Mary!
That never was it known

That anyone who fled to thy protection,
Implored thy help or sought thy intercession
Was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence,

I fly unto Thee!
O Virgin of virgins, My Mother!
To Thee I come before Thee I stand,

Sinful and Sorrowful,
Oh Mother of the Word Incarnate,
Despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy,
Hear and answer me.
Amen.

(The image of Mary above, is from a web-site granting permission to use)
.
and finally one more powerful Catholic prayer for protection:
Prayer to St. Michael:

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.

Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.

May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;

and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -

by the Divine Power of God -

cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,

who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

~ Bella

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your beautiful blog, I hope you don't mind if I add it to my "FOLLOWING" list. I've just started my own blog with the new year, and share in your suffering with troubles~ my 19 year old son it seems is going through something similar to your own 2 children. Let's keep praying! The battle has already been won, so we must not get discouraged. Thank you for the comfort you've given me today. Sometimes just knowing I'm not alone, and reading some beautiful prayers is enough to ease the heartache and get me back in a positive, thankful, and joyful mood. God bless you! ~Jen